Thursday, October 18, 2007

The big Scary TOOTH FAIRY


Carter had a loose tooth for weeks but it only took one bite of the corn on the cob to rip that tooth out! We called Grandma's and Grandpa's very excited to let them know it finally come out. Mom placed the tooth carefully in a baggie ready for the Tooth Fairy! Days went by and the TF never showed up...ok the TF forgot about the tooth and was a little short on cash...I don't think kids except Paypal.
A few days later, ok a week. Mom was reading to Carter and Hailey and remembered the tooth. It took a while to convince Carter that the tooth should go under his pillow for the TF. Than it happened... Hailey began to cry "Mom don't let the TF come, I am so scarred"....Carter started to cry too. "Please Mom lock all the doors and windows so the TF can't get in". This went on for quite a while. Finally, Mom took the tooth and set in on the book self and convinced Thing 1 and Thing 2 that the TF would not be visiting them.

However, Mom had a plan and one dollar! The TF would write them a letter and let them know the TF is sweet and kind. Unlike the Easter Bunny with his big teeth and rotten eggs.

The next morning we awoke to Carter screaming. "Mom the TF got in our house. He took my tooth but now I have a dollar....Can we go to Target?" Hailey soon started pulling on her teeth, she wanted to go to Target too.

A few days later Carter come home from school missing his other tooth. He explained that he was just sitting there on the mat cris-cross-applesauce and out it came. His Teacher sent it home in a cute little TF envelope but Hailey wanted it and together they ripped open it open. This allowed the small little tooth to glide in the air like a bird. We searched the floor, the couch and even their hair. But tooth number two was gone. And the TF has yet to leave any money. No tooth, no money!!....maybe they forgot. I doubt it!



Here is a copy of the letter to Carter


Good Morning Carter

Last night while you were fast asleep, I quietly entered your room, looked under your pillow and found something. Someone in Portland had told me you had recently and lost a tooth, and they were right! What a fine tooth too. Not too many boys in Portland have such nice teeth. It will surely be one of the best in my collection.

Not all boys and girls get a letter from me. But someone really close to you told me you might enjoy a letter from the real tooth fairy. Hopefully, now you and Hailey will not be afraid of me.

Losing a tooth is a special time for a young person like you Carter. It means you are growing up and soon you will have new adventures in front of you.

Part of growing up means taking good care of your teeth. That means brushing every day and eating the right foods. In appreciation for leaving me such a fine tooth, I have left you a special something too. I hope you have a fairy nice day

Your friend,
TF

(I found this online and changed it up a bit for my kids)




2 comments:

Afton said...

OK, that is hilarious! I'm surprised more kids are scared of the toothfairy coming into their house at night. I was always afraid of Santa coming into our house, even though he left presents it just worried me a bit. This is exactly the reason I don't understand why parents would read "Love You Forever" to their kids. CREEPY!

Afton said...

Oh, and one more thing...I wrote letters to Ethan from the TF, but they said things like, "obey your mom," "you have the best mom" and then I would have the TF ask him to read a book before his mom gave him the $1 the TF left for him.

It's a little manipulative, but what can I say?



Ryan - Corrin
Carter (7) - Hailey (5)
Charles (2)