Monday, October 22, 2007

Pucker up!


My little Hailey wants to be Angelia Jolie...

Last week Hailey tripped while caring in her Dad's bag. Gracefully landing on the edge of the coffee table. From the sound I was sure her teeth were all broken. The thought of Ryan's silver capped teeth he had as a child quickly raced through my mind. I jumped up from feeding the baby and was shocked to see very little blood. But most importantly all of her teeth. She was a little out of sorts for a bit. However, a little bit of Motrin and a wet wash cloth she was ready to go. Hailey slept great and came down the next morning looking a little different. The bruising was gross and my cute little Hailey was a bit distorted. She looked as if she had been beat....really it was not me!!!

Tonight I helped her brush her teeth. She obviously has not been touching them the last few days. Blood rushed out of her mouth as soon as the brush graced her swollen gums. She screamed...I thought...SWEET! She can be a vampire for Halloween. No really, I felt horrible. I should have taken her to the Dentist last week to make sure her teeth were OK. Again, the thought of Ryan's silver capped teeth flashed through my mind.(I have to find this picture and scan it in) I called our Dentist tonight and will be taking her in tomorrow. So keep her in your prayers because she might be flashing a little silver bling on her teeth tomorrow. (Do they still that?)

4 comments:

Afton said...

What a good sport Hailey was to let you snap those pics. She will "love" looking back on those in a few years. These are the kind of pictures my mom would threaten to bring out in front of any dates I might bring home. Little wonder I NEVER did bring a date home until Robert and I had been dating for a couple months.

Anyway, I hope Hailey is ok and I'm sure they have other options for teeth and silver caps. (Did Ryan get any fun nicknames as a kid?)

Lisa Rene said...

Wow! Now those are kissing lips!

Fancy Nancy said...

I don't mean to miake light of the injury, but those pictures of Hailey are truly keepers and hilariuos! Oh, those lips! I am so excited your blogging!!!! Another friend joining the dark side....

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

OUCH!!!! She looks a lot better today! Oh, that poor girl!! It makes you grab your own lip. And really Corrin, can't you give her some better role models . . . Jolie??

Welcome to the addiction we call the blogging world! Beware it is very, very time consuming!! I suspect Ryan will be regretting his encouragement in about a week. :)



Ryan - Corrin
Carter (7) - Hailey (5)
Charles (2)