Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Busy sidewalks--Crazy Children--Gray Hair




A stack of papers sits to my left as I take 5 minutes to write a quick blog....yah right just a quick one. So here is how my holidays are going. Currently, I have a runny nose, my head hurts and a BIG ENORMOUS cold sore on my lip. Maybe caused by stress or maybe I am about to give birth because that is the only time I get them. Since I know I am NOT pregnant...it is stress. Monday evening I started to freak out...sweet Ryan got the brunt of it. Just a few weeks ago I thought I was doing great with all the Christmas stuff. Monday evening i made a list and started to loose it.


Teacher gifts---The kids and I went to the store to pick out a few more things we needed for teacher gifts. (the kids made bracelets...they did it for amount 20min and lost interest. They picked out the beads, started them and well... and I made the bracelets) Carter had a breakdown at Craft Warehouse because he wanted a pair of reading glasses. "Mom look how well I can see. I really need them" Then Hailey decided she needed a pair too. By the time I checked out the whole store was staring me down because I had to screaming kids. Really I wanted to leave all my stuff they at the check stand...right next to the huge box a $5 colorful reading glasses. But I was NOT going back to this store later...I am sure they hung my picture on the crazy wall of people in the backroom. Who can forget a 5 and 4 year old flinging their bodies all over the floor and yelling "I don't like you mom...you are so mean....it is not fair" All things I remember telling my parents- I am getting old.


Christmas Cards---I bought this great template online. Had a great picture of my kids...then I noticed a LARGE shadow of Ryan's hand on Carter's shirt. CRAP! I tried to take more pictures of my kids...they would not corporate. So me and my very little skills of photo shop I was able to take it out and send out an OK card. By the way why is it always I have to do 99% of Christmas? The tree, the decoration, buying, wrapping, cooking, packing, and keeping up with the other crazy normal stuff.


The tree- Little by little the beautiful tree is getting uglier and uglier. Last night from the kitchen I hear a POP and smelled smoke. Instantly I remembered the scene from the movie Christmas Vacation with the cat. Then the baby started to cry. I quickly ran into the other room to find half the tree's lights not working and the extension cord in his mouth. Ryan examined the cord - I examined the baby. We have no idea what happened but the baby was fine and the tree....missing half the lights. Maybe I will get to it around the 6th or when I take it down.


Presents---Why is it you think you are done...and you are not. Tomorrow night I will be braving the crowds and heading to the mall. Hailey asked Santa for a Sleeping Beauty Baby and Target is out....So off the the Disney store. Carter is done...just a few other family members to buy for. I have three more gifts to make and might be working on them till Christmas eve.
Hair- December is always a crazy month for me. Usually I do hair just Tuesday and Thursday. However, this month it has been almost daily. I want to thank all my clients that have put up with all my Crazy Christmas Month. My kids and Ryan have been very wonderful to help me out and my Mom too. I am lucky to have great clients whom I consider great friends.
I am sure this is not the end to my Christmas stress....but who cares if a few more gray hairs appear on my head....that is what color is for!




1 comment:

Molly said...

Hi Corrin! It's your cousin, Molly. Your crazy Christmas tales make me feel so much better about stressing out when I'm busy. Always nice to see someone else is suffering more than me. Ha! :) Hope you guys are doing well!



Ryan - Corrin
Carter (7) - Hailey (5)
Charles (2)