Monday, March 31, 2008

Dirty socks, pants and oh ya the entire bedding off Hailey's bed. Sweet Carter and precious Hailey slept in the same bed last night and they BOTH wet the bed! Sometime today I will load that BIG black bag full of pee soaked bedding and head to the Laundromat. How appropriate that Hailey choose to read Knuffle Bunny last night before bed.
(if you don't have this book....get it we love it)

By the way I HATE LAUNDRY. There are few things I Hate in life.....spiders, stepping on a slug with no socks on, grumpy people and laundry.
I am great at gathering, washing and even drying but the act of fold and put away....I am horrible. Right now there is a small "Laundry bomb" that exploded in my room.
For those of you that know my clean freak husband...this drives him CRAZY.
I am staring new today!!!! I will try the fold as you go....and put away too.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 comments:

Laura said...

Knufflebunny is the BEST book! Have you ever read "Pete's a Pizza"? That's another one of our favorites!

Nicole said...

We bought Issy Knuffle Bunny about a month ago - she LOVES it!

Afton said...

Fold as you go definitely works for me. I had some gal at a RS enrichment thing-y on how to clean say that you should try and fold the clothes out of the dryer before the water fills up on your next load. Does that make sense? Race against the filling washing machine. I don't always do that, but when I fold as I go, laundry seems to get done a lot faster than when I have the bomb.

Also, I have to comment that only a true Oregonian would have on her list of least favorite things, stepping on a slug with no socks on. That's happened to me too and I felt like I needed to boil my foot to get clean again. Yuck! I bet Texans and Arizonans don't ever have to worry about stepping on slugs.

Emily said...

Oh Corrin, I feel your pain! I have just finished a bomb myself. I am one of those once a week girls who just stays home all day once a week and knocks it out. My kids are old enough to put away there own things or have siblings that help but may I suggest that next time you invest in a washer...whirlpool duet will fit a king size comforter or a puffy twin with all sheets and pillow cases. It saves my butt many times a week. I have two bed wetters currently. I hate laundry so I can't do the every other day thing. Buy big laundry baskets....it's the way to go!



Ryan - Corrin
Carter (7) - Hailey (5)
Charles (2)