Saturday, November 24, 2007




Two days ago was Thanksgiving and I'm just getting around to adding a entry to my blog. The last few weeks have been very busy for the Keeler Family. First we had Hailey's Birthday Party on Halloween day. It was the easiest party ever. All the kids came in costume. I made a graint 'pin the face' on the pumpkin. Hailey loved all the attention but was of course a little DIVA. Her Birthday was a few days later (November 5) and I was a little shocked at her 4 year old attitude.
We gave Hailey her presents that morning shortly after breakfast. After opening all her gifts she said to me " Mom, take them all back this is not what I asked for!" I was mortified. What on earth have I created. This was not my sweet little girl. She is a MONSTER! I explained to Hailey sometimes we don't get what we want. However, we should be grateful for what we do get. (OK, I needed to hear that more than her) " Mom, I told you I wanted the Horse from Target and the Baby set, that is it. I did not want the socks, underwear or that barbie." What a little spoiled girl I thought. Grandma Kris/Papa Rick gave her the horse (a few days later) and Grandma Julie/Papa Walt gave her a doll bed. I could have purchased both of these items and had all the glory....but no I wanted the Grandparents be the Hero's. Hopefully someday she will learn the value in song by the Rolling Stones "you can't always get what you want...but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

1 comment:

Lisa Rene said...

Does this mean you're blogging again?



Ryan - Corrin
Carter (7) - Hailey (5)
Charles (2)