Thursday, December 13, 2007

Our Tree Story 2005

Oh the Poor Christmas Tree

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas tree, I thought this year would be different. You started out so straight and green. Little did I know you now would lean. . The day was cold and sun was out. Patti, the kids, Ryan and me went in search for the perfect tree. We got you home and the kids were excited. It took all day you were up and gleaming! We all set back and enjoyed the view. One night is all we had and now you look very sad. Your lights so shinny are now just dark. How was I to know that Hailey could move that chair. With broken balls and non working lights we are all very sad to see such a sight. We had such great dreams when we picked you out. Oh Christmas tree, I know the kids throw their naivety at you. Just today I found the missing sheep in your branches. Thank you for taking care of Hailey’s special bottle. It would have been nice to know last night at two in the morning that your were just holding it under your shirt. Well tomorrow I will try to fix you and help you stand tall. I am really sorry about the pulling and tugging. Carter and Hailey thought your were a new toy and now they will have just a green little tree because that is what you were meant to be.

No comments:



Ryan - Corrin
Carter (7) - Hailey (5)
Charles (2)